You may be wondering how sound is able to actually improve your physical, mental and emotional issues.
Sound therapy has the ability identify these out of tune frequencies and when these sounds, or frequencies, are introduced back into your body, your brain then has the ability to send these “in tune”, or corrected frequencies to the damaged cells.
The result is a healing, or a “tuning up” process.
Sound Therapy is the therapeutic use of sound and music to reduce anxiety and emotional stress, lower blood pressure and heart rate, and promote healing. Techniques can involve different genres of music such as classical Indian, native American flute, jazz, new age and more. It also may include the playing of instruments near or on the clients body. These instruments may be drums, tuning forks, chimes, rattles, bowls or voice.
Benefits of Sound Therapy
In terms of physical well-being, sound and music therapy can help with the following:
- Higher levels of energy
- Sense of balance & direction improved
- Fewer headaches
- Lessening of sensitivity to particular sounds
- Relief from chronic tiredness
- Relieve the sensation of shortness of breath or tightness in the chest
Emotional benefits include:
- Relief from anxiety
- More confidence
- Less frustration
- Improved ability to relax
- Improvement in overall “mood”
- Improved patience
- Better ability to communicate and interact with others
- Improved ability to express emotions
Mental benefits include:
- Brain “fog” dissipates
- More motivated in life
- Improved ability to listen to new ideas with an open mind
- Better organization skills
- Improvement in attention span
- Less likely to become irritable